-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help me please

  • From: "suzanne" <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:16:40 -0500

hey Yvonne... is your modem integrated into the back of the laptop or is it
a card that you slide into a slot on the side of the machine?  can you get
to a website when you are connected to your bellsouth service and not
NetZero?  are you on DSL or dial-up?  can you get to bellsouth's webmail
site to view and or send mail?  the url is http://webmail.bellsouth.net.  if
the problem is only with your mail, check the settings you have for your
account in your email client, which I believe you said was OE 5.5,  both
SMTP and POP3 servers should read *mail.bellsouth.net* [without the *s].

I also am on bellsouth and have been for years... with little complaint...
however, this morning, their service was EXTREMELY slow... I could not hit
any web pages just before I left for work.  that would have been around 3
hours before you posted your plea for help... but I was still receiving
mail, altho I didn't try sending any.

suzánne

----- From: "Yvonne"