-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HI-HELP ME PLEASE

  • From: Don L Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 02:06:44 -0500

The text below is taken from the following website:

http://www.cexx.org/osama.htm

Suspicious Activity
What you probably don't notice is that the Yo Mamma,
Osama! installer also writes several other files to the disk:
wnad.exe
wnad.dat
wnad-update.exe

Removal Procedure
WNAD.EXE can be removed by first terminating the program
using the Close Program (Ctrl-Alt-Del) dialogue, then deleting
the WNAD.EXE and WNAD.DAT files. It is also advised, although
not necessary, to delete the program's Registry key in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsfot\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run,
or (if using Win98 or higher) use MSCONFIG to remove the entry.
If you receive an "in use" error deleting any files, the program is still
running--you may have to kill it several times in the Close Program
dialogue.

Don Elias

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:33:45 EDT Billy64300@xxxxxxx writes:

> I've got this little nasty app on my system called w-n-a-d.ex-e.I put
the -
> between the app  description just for saftey.Is it a windows spy?Or an
> anti-firewall disabler?

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.