-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Go Back

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:30:46 -0700

I have used Go Back..since Version 2?  I think I had to go to Version 3 when
XP came out.

It records all changes you make.  I will keep a history limited to the
amount of disk space your allow it or I believe 4 GB per disk.

System Restore ONLY deals with SYSTEM stuff.

System Restore will NOT restore email or a word doc..or anything else NOT
SYSTEM related.

Systems Restore was a LITE version (in that it only dealt with the System
files) of GO BACK developed by Roxio (formerly Adaptec) for Microsoft.

Roxio is the company who wrote Go Back.

I was NOT a happy camper when GO Back was first included in Norton
SystemWorks.  I  had the full version and did not install the Norton
Version.

I did get the newest version   (4.0 I believe) as what was included in
Norton Systemworks did not have all the features.

I am happy with it...knock on wood..knock..knock...knock..... ha ha!

Always shut off Go Back if you are going to do anything in programs
like...Partition Magic ..which dang it..Norton also bought.

I had partitioned a drive once a couple of years ago.... and all was fine.
I wanted to re-partition it later on.  I could not.  I kept getting an error
code that was not in the book!

Finally got a bright Idea..called them... and they actually answered the
phone and had a tech person, Power Quest, NOT Norton......before they bought
out Power Quest....
and they asked if I had Go Back installed and told me that was the problem.
I had removed Go Back and was going to install a new version and wanted to
repartition the drive before reinstalling it.  I installed Go Back and was
able to access the full drive in Partition Magic again.

I know you are suppose to shut off all programs when you install something,
but I never shut off Go Back as part of the reason is to protect me in case
the new installation is a problem.

The new Go Back has a feature.. SafeTryMode...where you can set it..so you
can install new programs or download stuff from the net..and it protects
your system from these actions..and you can reverse them and keep your
system safe
.

So, While I do not like Norton per se...mostly cause they are too big, but
the companies who make good products..or buy the rights to their
products..and then stop the creative, innovative things that have happened
with those products in the past and .have bad customer service..etc... Their
products for the most part..work for me.... and..... I will stick with them

Rose
Las Vegas