-=PCTechTalk=- Re: G-Man, I took your advice

  • From: donelias@xxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 04:12:31 -0500

URL is as follows (put it together with "Overview" as one
word without spaces.)

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Over
view.aspx?ProductID=2255&ModelName=GA-8I915P Duo

I removed the "3D" after each "=" sign since an equal sign is
the same as a hexidecimal 3D.  And I replaced the the %20
by it's equivalent which is a space.

Try it now

Don

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 00:43:30 -0400 "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> DJ,
>     This link doesn't take me to a specific board's page, even with
cutting
> and pasting and removing the extra '=' sign.  Could you send me the
model #
> for your board so I can look it up manually.        :O)
>
> Peace,
> GMan
>
> "The only dumb questions are the ones that are never asked!"

RAID

=
> > oductID=3D2255&ModelName=3DGA-8I915P%20Duo
> >
> > Enlarge the view and you will see the coral colored peripheral IDE
plug
> > in the bottom at the center, near the IDE peripherals in the case.
The
> > two neon green IDE plugs are near the hard drives next to the 4 SATA
> > plugs and floppy plug, and are near the bottom of the board where the
> > hard drives are.  It supports SATA RAID and IDE RAID.  The board came
> > with an IDE RAID Function manual that shows a chart for installing
the
> > Hard Drives.  This chart shows that if you are using just 1 hard
drive,
> > set it as Master and plug it into IDE Channel 1 in the RAID
controller
> > area, which I've done.  I have RAID turned off in the BIOS.  It also
> > explains that you must transfer the RAID drivers to floppy and
install
> > them during the Windows installation in order for the hard drive to
be
> > "seen," but this did not work.  I tried two different floppies and
had
> > no problem installing the drivers from them after I got XP on the
drive
> > by plugging it into the IDE plug outside of the RAID area.  In the
BIOS,