-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Northbridge-Southbridge

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:37:10 -0400

Lil,
    To put it in a nutshell, the two of them combine to pretty much "run the
show" on your mainboard.  If it plugs into the mainboard, it is controlled
by at least one of the chips that are part of the overall chipset.  One
focuses primarily on devices externally connected to the board while the
other keeps track of internal devices.

Peace,
Gman