-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Frozen Machine Thread now changed to Fix Machine Thread & New PC

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:59:18 -0800

Cool!  On your Partition Magic purchase.  I have been running it on my 1.1
ghz machine..with 1.25 GB ram and never noticed it running... (as far as a
slowdown.)  It works fine for me.  I suspect it should do the same on the
new machine.  This machine will probably become the spare computer for
company... grandkids.... :)

Thanks for the info on the hyperthreading.  It helps.

They wanted $90 for two sticks of 256 to make 512.  (It comes with 512).
That would have been a total of a GB+.  The machine can hold 3 gig according
to the sales material.  The book inside says 2 gb.  (the salesman said 4gb)
But, I did check..the book is older.
The problem arises when and if I ever wanted to have more memory.  With only
4 slots..all four would be taken by 256 ram and I would have to take out two
sticks..and buy two for $190.00.  What that really translates to is I would
have wasted the $90.00 I spend now...as I those sticks would no longer be
useful.  So, I said no.. I want the two 512 sticks.

When I got to the checkout..I saw the 512 'kit' on the receipt..and thought
it was what I wanted.  Well, guess what..it was the two 256 sticks that
total 512.  So, I am off today to return them..and get the 1 GB.  I would
rather pay $190.00 now..then end up having to pay a total of $270.00 and
have two 256 sticks sitting around doing nothing.  Lord knows..I think I
still have some PC 133 and PC 100 memory sitting around in the closet.  I do
not need more stuff hanging around and do not need to waste more money!

Hope the cats are fed.

I am a night owl..which is why I was up so late....lol!  And with a new
puter..time just flew by.  I went to sleep at 4 am and was wide awake at 9
am.  Going to ruin my reputation getting up that early!  lol!

Have a great day... make it a Great day!

Hugs,
Rose