-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Faulty Modem.

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:29:12 -0800 (PST)

Necessity is the mother of invention
Lionel Percy <percy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Hi All. This may interest some of
you . I have cable with an
external Modem supplied by Server. They giver you the Modem when they
install the cable, that way it is my responsibility when something goes
wrong with it . Sonme thing did . Could not get On Line . Was told by
the Support Team the Modem had had it , Kaput. $130 for new one .
Played around with it , found by holding the power plug into the
back of the Modem , it worked OK. Solution , large elastic band , a
piece of wire , secured the wire and elastic band around the power
plug , and around the modem and back onto the power plug , it held it
in securely . Cost , one elastic band. Lionel.