-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Family Tree Maker Program 7.0

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:28:01 -0500

Christy-

Do you already have Family Tree Maker? If not, I encourage you to compare
FTM with Legacy Genealogy. Their url is:
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/FTM2Legacy.asp

No, I am not a Millennia/Legacy employee, but I am an affiliate.  I think
it is awful the way FTM treats its users. I can give you capacities of
Legacy. I can give you features galore. And yes, you can have one file that
includes your mother's and father's. Legacy can handle that with no problem.

I researched my father's mother's family to prove or disprove a rumor, and
I managed to go back to 1543! Legacy has no trouble with that at all.

You can download the Standard Edition of Legacy right away- and its free.
Millennia's user group is so large that any question any asks is usually
answered pretty quick, and you can get back on with your task. Legacy's
home page is:
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Index.asp

One thing about Legacy- if you decide to put your family history on a web
page- Millennia will NOT force you to put the page up +their+ way. You are
encouraged to do it however you want. Millennia will not harvest your
ancestor names to sell.

Millennia tries to come out with updates- most of them reflecting what
Legacy users have asked for. They do respond.

I frequently write to the user's group, so if you get Legacy, we would love
to have you aboard the users' group. You will not be made to feel like you
are being put down. We were all beginners at some point.

Try it. If you have any questions about what you want to do, email me or
the Users' Group.

Below my name is a link to download Legacy.

Robert
We are changing the world of genealogy!
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Index.asp?mid=32E9Wai