-=PCTechTalk=- Re: FW: Re: Boot Disk Failure

  • From: "Warren Standifird" <wstandifird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:14:30 -0800

Hi Gman,
I go into Standard CMOS Features

The Channel 1 Master is WD2000JS but the Channel 1 Slave is still BzBzBzBzBZ

Channel 1 Master options are None, Auto, & Manual - I have it set to Auto
Access Mode Options are  CHS, LBA, Large, Auto
This Drive shows:
Capacity    196 GB
Cylindar      4095
Head           240
Precomp     0
Landing Zone   65534
Sector      255

Channel 1 Slave options are None, Auto, & Manual - I have it set to Auto
Access Mode Options are CHS, LBA, Large, Auto
This drive shows:
Capacity:   571 GB
Cylindar   17925
Head         244
Precomp     0
Landing Zone  35849
Sector              255

I have tried setting Access Mode to Auto on both drives, Large on both
drives, and Auto on the Master and Large on the Slave. All to no avail. It
dosn't just tell me that it won't work, It make me wait for about 10 minutes
first and then it tells me that it won't work.

Warren