-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Epson Stylus Photo 825 Printer

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: PcTechTalk <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:36:32 -0700 (PDT)

This may be a silly question, but do you need more ink?  Or perhaps the rollers
need replacing.  Maybe there are tiny bits of paper stuck and it needs cleaning
inside.  What the message is telling you is there a part in the printer that
needs to be replaced.  I would take the printer to the repair shop if you are
not comfortable opening the printer case and taking some things apart to see if
you find something wrong.
  Dave

  ------------------------------
From: "Joyce McClure" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Epson Stylus Photo 825 Printer
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:30:12 -0500

I went through the whole process of uninstalling and reinstalling and
installing new drivers.  Nothing is helping. I still get a flashing green
light and a flashing red light and my manual tells me this indicates the
internal parts need adjustment or replacement.
I would really like an Epson replacement because that is the only kind I
have ever had and I know how they work.  I make a lot of greeting cards that
require special size paper and special settings.  Can some of you on list
recommend an Epson that does pictures well and also prints plain text
nicely.  I want a card reader for my Olympus digital camera too. I have done
some research on printers but I have not found any on the Epson site that
just jump right out and say "Buy Me". And maybe I need to accept that I may
have to pay a little (or a lot) more than I did for the Epson Stylus Photo
825. I think it was $199.
Joyce

                              David F Wooledge
  Mental Health Advocate
  237 Goodrich Street, Erie, PA 16508-1818
814-459-0741
814-217-1920(Voice Mail)
717-441-4910(DBSA PA)
717-441-4911(Laptop Soft Phone)