-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Entire Hard Drive Capacity Not Available

  • From: Dan Chisolm <d0ct0rdan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:38:11 -0400

Thanks, Gman.

I have a WinXP Pro w/ SP1 CD and a WinXP sP2 CD.  So I must've done the
original installation using WinXP Pro w/ SP1.

I can't find any instructions to slipstream SP2 using an SP2 CD (most assume
SP2 was downloaded).  So if you could provide instructions, thanks.
Incidentally, I'll use Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.

Thanks again.

Dan

> From: gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx
> To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Entire Hard Drive Capacity Not Available
> Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 16:54:53 -0400
>
> That's exactly how to get the unallocated space back into play. :)
>
> You might want to slipstream SP2 into your Gold install so this doesn't
> happen again. The steps are pretty simple, but the following is only a
> nutshell version. Copy the contents of your install disk to your hard
> drive, download the IT version of SP2 onto you rhard drive, run a simple
> command on the two packages, burn the results to a new CD.
>
> I'll supply the specifics if you'd like to go this route.
>
> Peace,
> Gman
> http://www.bornagainamerican.org

OR