-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dos Command line question

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 23:42:02 -0400

As I started writing this program it occurred to me that I might be
misunderstanding what you are looking for.  In your example "xcopy
D:\PALM\*.*  Q:\PALM\*.*  /v /s /e /y /c" you will not have any problems
since the destination path is the same length as your source path.  I was
thinking that you have some paths that somehow go beyond the Windows limit
(255 I think), but I am having trouble trying to create such a path for
testing purposes.  So, I'm guessing now that you are using a longer
destination path than your source path.

I'm wondering if the TeraCopy program might be more what you are looking
for.  I believe its faster than the DOS xcopy command also.
http://www.codesector.com/teracopy.php

Ed