-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dial-up Speed

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 01:27:19 -0400

It's actually quite easy to 'clear the cache' in most browsers, since it's a
function that is frequently used by many.

I won't be able to be specific with IE8's instructions, since I have not yet
upgraded to that version.  Hopefully, the method used for IE7 will translate
well for you.

In IE7's menu system (File Edit View etc.) near the top of the browser
window, go to Tools > Internet Options.  When the Internet Options property
sheet opens, look under the General tab for a section called 'Browsing
history'.  Click on the Delete button in that section and another window
will appear.  Click on the 'Delete files' button next to the Temporary
Internet Files section and you'll be asked if you're sure you wish to delete
the files stored on your system.  Select Yes to 'clear your cache'.  At this
point, I would reboot the computer to free up any files that were 'in use'
before you started.

Once the computer completed its restart, you can then try 'surfing the web'
a bit to see if it has made things noticably faster.  If it doesn't help
much, or at all, we'll go hunting for some new drivers for you to try.   :)

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

"The entire future of humankind is yet to be written"