-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Defrag programs

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 22:06:22 -0500

I am a bit skeptical of this remark because I have never heard of problems
with defraggler before and have seen it get recommendations from magazines.
I didn't want to respond until I did some google searches to see if maybe
the latest revision had a problem.  I didn't find any complaints of BSOD's
related to defraggler.  Maybe your PC needed a reboot after installing it.
I see that often when I install something when I haven't rebooted in a few
days.  You might even have a software conflict with your anti-virus or
something else that hooks into the OS itself.  Another possibility is that
defraggler couldn't handle a problem with your file system.  I would
recommend running chkdsk because of that and after anytime Windows crashes
or BSOD's or whatever stops it from shutting down properly.  Anyway, if you
have some kind of software conflict then it's a good thing you uninstalled
defraggler.