-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Creating Form Outlook Express

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 03:08:25 +0100

On 8 Jun 2005 at 11:25, Paul Tipton wrote:
> I would like to convert a paper work order system over to a computer
> form through Outlook Express email. I understand that a work order
> request form can be created in Outlook Express. The intended purpose
> of the system would allow staff at each school to type in maintenance
> requests on a preset form, It would be sent to the site administrator
> for approval and then forwarded to the maintenance operations
> computer.

Hi, Paul,

I get the impression that you want to do this with HTML mail; but
that may not be the best approach. Not everybody has a mail client
set to display HTML mail; due to the danger of virus infection. From
that standpoint, you would be better off either...

(1) restricting yourself to creating a plain-text email,
incorporating the form in the message body as best you can

(2) sending out a blank e-mail, with the form included as an
attachment (e.g. a Word document, an RTF document, or similar)

...or...

(3) Creating a small, private website containing only a javascript
form, which users could visit. The information would then get posted
to your e-mail address when they click "Submit", or whatever.

Anyway, just some food for thought.

Faustus