-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can Yahoo prevent SPAM?

  • From: dswabc <dswabc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 04:57:41 -0700 (PDT)

If a Yahoo email address (YourID@xxxxxxxxx) is
used instead of an address
from your ISP (Yourname@xxxxxxxxxx) you will
notice a dramatic drop in spam
and phishing emails.

I have used a Yahoo address for many many YEARS.
It is used a LOT for
inviting spam to be sent to me (i.e. online
registrations and other dubious
uses).  I can not remember their spam filter ever
making a false positive.
It has been a very long time (many years) since I
scanned the bulk mail box
for false positives.

I use Y!Pops to download to Outlook Express and
the TrendMicro Spam filter
and that catches about 80% of the remainder from
Yahoo and also about 80% of
the spam in my non-Yahoo email addresses.

I very positively recommend the use of Yahoo
email and Trend Micro Spam
Filter (part of TM/PC-Cillin Internet Security).

Don