-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Cable Connection Problem...

  • From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:44:26 -0700

Well I'm not sure, but this sounds like the problem I had with my cable
connection for 2 months!  We tried everything until some genious at
Cablevision finally found two minutes he could spare and told m to type in
WINIPCONFIG and read the IP address to him.  I did and he said wait a
minute, then he did something techy that changed the IP address and voila! I
could finally get back on the internet after all that time.  So maybe this
could be an IP address problem (?), maybe your friend could ask them to
change something in there. When I called Tech Support they had to xfer me to
the Tech Dept. in order to find someone who knew how to solve this problem.
HTH--Glo