-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Blogs and RSS

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ange <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:47:10 -0400

Sure you can ask...........the answer costs money <laugh>
Check out:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/12/18/dive-into-xml.html

In brief:

RSS is a format for syndicating news and the content of news-like
sites, including major news sites like Wired, news-oriented community
sites like Slashdot, and personal weblogs. But it's not just for news.
Pretty much anything that can be broken down into discrete items can
be syndicated via RSS: the "recent changes" page of a wiki, a
changelog of CVS checkins, even the revision history of a book. Once
information about each item is in RSS format, an RSS-aware program can
check the feed for changes and react to the changes in an appropriate
way.
RSS-aware programs called news aggregators are popular in the
weblogging community. Many weblogs make content available in RSS. A
news aggregator can help you keep up with all your favorite weblogs by
checking their RSS feeds and displaying new items from each of them.

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
 Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
 Friday, 6/10/2005, @ 10:45:16 PM EST
 Feel free to hurt my feelings.......

                All you risk is my insane rage.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:30:32 +0100, Ange wrote:
  |   Can I be totally thick here and ask what RSS aggregaters are?#?
  |
  |   Ange
  |   a.k.a. Clueless of Doncaster
  |   http://www.geocities.com/locustchewed/outanabout.html
  |
  |   ~~~~~The Clueless Reply Separator~~~~~

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<[0]>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Thu