-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Armstrong and Zoominternet

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:14:54 -0400

Cris,
You are right, Armstrong is a privately owned business, and most likely
all the owners are family.  They still are a major company.  The shares
of stock are just privately owned and not bought or sold on the stock
exchange.  You may recall seeing ads on TV for various products made by a
company called S C Johnson.  At the end of the ads they say "a family
company".  S C Johnson has products in most every grocery store in the
world yet they are a family owned company.  Armstrong is not as large as
them, and is not as large as ATT, Time Warner, Sprint, Verizon or perhaps
Alltel but still is a major player in the cable and telephone business.
I went to the site you posted and entered my zip code in PA.  It asked me
to "choose one of the following system areas".  The 15 choices were
located in 5 different states, OH ,PA, KY, WV, MD.  and I assume that was
just for the cable side of the business.  Try going to
http://www.armstrongtelephone.com/.  Same company, 6 choices in these
states, MD, NY, PA, WV.  Guess I would be more accurate to say Armstrong
is a major regional company.
Dave

http://www.geocities.com/wooledge001_/
http://www.mental-health-advocate.us
------------------------------

From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Armstrong and Zoominternet
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:56:59 -0400

really?
Armstrong cable is my company - and supposedly, it is a family owned
business!!
I guess it is a family owned business that is really owned by a national
company! I have never run into anyone other than local people with zbzoom
or
zoominternet addresses! I can see a phone call coming to ask them about
this!!
LOL My local company wouldn't be the national owner, would it?
Thanks!
http://www.armstrongonewire.com/index.asp