-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Anyone use MSN for an ISP? I need help with mail settings?

  • From: "Col een" <coliope@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:07:54 -0500

Hi Rose,
I used to use MSN as my ISP. I still use the MSN browser and mail, just don't
connect thru them anymore. I also have a website with it's own domain-name
web-based email.

I'm not sure what you're asking? He wants to use his domain-name email address
as his default email instead of his MSN mail addy? To my knowledge, he can't do
that. To send mail from his domain addy, he'd have to log in to its web-based
mail client, like to logging into Yahoo or Hotmail to use a mail account there.

I don't use OE even though I do have one (non-MSN) email addy set up on it, so
I'm not sure on this, but maybe he can set up OE to handle his domain-name mail
only, leaving his MSN mail alone? I think when setting up OE, there is an
option to "make OE your default mail program". If he sets up OE for his domain
mail and doesn't check that option, he should be able to open OE and use it
without interfering with his MSN mail.

When I first got MSN, I tried in vain for along time to get OE to work with my
MSN mail and couldn't do it. But since then, MSN has made this info available,
maybe it will be helpful to you.

http://support.msn.com/solutionarticle.aspx?pk=msnmail&aid=6121

Col