-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG anti spyware

  • From: "ms24" <ms24@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:04:52 -0500

Hi Sandi:

Do not delete "Installer" unless it says "Defender Installer".   Anything
relating to Defender you can delete.   If it does not have the word
"Defender" with it, leave it be.

In the Search window where you found "Installer", click or double click on
it to open it.  I think you were looking at an Installer Folder with a
defender file inside....  If when you open it, you find something that
relates to ?Defender?, highlight and delete that, but NOT the entire folder.
That?s an unusual way for ?Search? to work, but that?s how I would go at it.
If nothing inside says ?Defender?, I would leave the entire file intact.

Often when you do a search, if you put a word like ?defender? in the box to
search, if will come up with files and folders that have 3 or more of the
word?s letters in it especially if in the same order.  I only see 2 letters
at the end that are similar, but?.

   Emma

ms24@xxxxxxxxxxx