-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AOL

  • From: " milady" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:18:04 -0700

Very good ideas...GO for it

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mstrauss24@xxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 4:10 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: AOL

In a message dated 10/1/2004 4:52:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
juneybug2004@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I tried to quit AOL the other day, and they would not let me, I tried and
> tried, they practically insisted I take the next month for free and would
> never let me quit..
>
> Guess I will try again next week or so
> Ive not been using them anyway lately
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cristy

I have a couple of ideas for you:
No.1  Make sure that whatever method you used to pay your AOL account is no
longer authorized to pay them.
No.2   Send an E-mail to yourself and in the "Send to:" box, put your AOL
address a few times and send it and fwd them to yourself until your box is
full
and won't accept anymore mail [1000 for the usual account].
No. 3  The simplest method is to go to Add/Delete and delete all AOL
accounts
in your computer, then call AOL and tell them what you did and that you
don't
want them even if they give you a year for free.  [This worked very well for
a friend of mine who was in the same boat.]
By the way, you can still access an account in AOL after by going to their
home page via your new ISP and signing in giving your old AOL Screen name
and
Password to see if you still have an account there.  Or send yourself an
E-mail
to the old AOL account via your new ISP and see if you get a Daemon or not.

       Emma
mstrauss24@xxxxxxx