-=PCTechTalk=- Problem with search in IE 6 & quicksearch toolbar

  • From: "Terry" <glutathionemiracles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:41:37 -0700

Hi,
I get the strangest message when I open the search function
on IE6.  It says "Sorry, the system is not working
properly."  I have repaired IE, no luck.
I also have a problem with my taskbar, I installed the
"quick search", discussed earlier.
When I right click, go to toolbars, I see it there, along
with other options, but they're grayed out and I'm unable to
select anything.  I ran Dr. Watson, which said "If the
Taskbar is behaving strangely, try exiting ApVxdWin."  This
is my Panda antivirus.  I disabled it
and tried again, same thing, it didn't help.  Tried in safe
mode as well, no luck. Any ideas?

TIA,
Terry