-=PCTechTalk=- Pop ups????

  • From: "moondragon" <moondragon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:02:56 -0600

I've got this annoying prob..every once in a while (like 50 times a day) this
pop up window shows itself....I have turned off OE and IE and still it pops
up..I've ran ad-aware hoping it was some kind of spyware, but, I delete the
ones it shows and it's still there...I don't have anything extra in my startup
(or at least not that I can see).....I know I'm probally not making sense
here...but I do hope someone can help me track this thing down and get rid of
it....

specs:  Windows XP Pro
IE & OE 6
Popup: usually says something along the lines of: Get rid of pop ups now" or
something to do with pop ups....

any help for me out there????

                \=/,
                |  @___oo
      /\  /\   / (___,,,}
    ) /^\) ^\/ _)        Baby will be here May 8 2003
    )   /^\/   _)      Gena-MoonDragon
    )   _ /  / _)       MSN: moondragon@xxxxxxxx
 /\  )/\/ ||  | )_)     Yahoo: dragonbeware
<  >      |(,,) )__)    Ask me about my
 ||      /    \)___)\   bath N Soap site!!

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
 for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"