-=PCTechTalk=- =PCTechTalk=- missing or corrupt hal.dll in XP pro

  • From: Matt Moceri <matt.moceri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 06:28:48 -0700 (PDT)

  Good morning,

  Today I tried to start my desktop (XP pro) and it told me I had a corrupt or
missing hal.dll in the system32 directory.

  I tried to repair it with my install CD but for some reason it doesn't find
my CD-rom.  (Yes, I changed the start order in the bios).  I can deal with this
later.

  Is the hal.dll the same in my wife's XP home?  If not, where can I easily
find one?

  I think yesterday I deleted a weather desktop that I didn't like and it could
have possibly deleted it too.  Maybe it had something to do with those violent
lightening storms we had yesterday.

  Please help!

  Thank you,  Matt

  This is my laptop.