-=PCTechTalk=- PCTechTalk=- Re: Outlook Express Opening Slowly..

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:13:29 -0800

I am not certain of this... but.... I think again... someone is confusing
WINDOWS messenger with MSN Messenger.

They are TWO different things.  WINDOWS messenger is the pain in the
aardvark!  Hard to get rid and keep gone....lol!
This one is tied to IE and OE  (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express) as it
is a PART of the Windows program when you install it and get upgrades also.

MSN messenger is easy to get rid of and does not come back unless you want
it to.  It is NOT automatically installed with Windows.  It generally is NOT
installed on your computer unless the computer company (Dell - Gateway, etc)
put it there for you to entice you to have MSN as your ISP....

Another thought.... Outlook Express (OE) WILL slow down if you have a lot of
mail in it.
I am not talking about a hundred pieces of mail.. but a LOT of email.  This
is especially true if you have large attachments in your emails..such as
graphics, tubes, programs, etc.

Just my two cents..and that is probably too high a price to pay. ha ha!

Rose
Las Vegas