-=PCTechTalk=- Outpost Firewall

  • From: taanzaa <taanzaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:17:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi:

As we're on the subject of popup stoppers I have
Outpost firewall and am continually configuring (as
the cookies appear) so as to block popup ads.  I've
read many posts that others who use Outpost firewall
don't have the problem with popup ads.  I've attempted
to do this but, I still get a popup or two here and
there.  I've added sites to the active content section
and used the option of block popups and I still get
popups (good example being going to the
weatherchannel.com and attempting to block the popups
for lowermybill.com and orbitz.com ads).  Could
someone tell me what else I can do as far as the
firewall configuration that will give me added
protection?  I am using the freeware version of
Outpost.

Thanks!