-=PCTechTalk=- Norton's SystemWorks

  • From: "Cajun" <cajun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:26:19 -0600

I have Norton's SystemWorks 2002.  So far the only thing I have installed is
Ghost.  I have run McAfee Virus Scan for years and do not want to install
Norton's Anti Virus.   My question - is it possible to only install the
Defrag utility from SystemWorks?  I can run it from the SystemWorks CD, but
I get a message that it will not restore anything it fixes when run directly
from the CD.  I tried to install it from the NU folder on the CD, but I get
the message "unable to process the Internet signup file," which I assume has
to do with registration.  I disabled McAfee and attempted to see if I could
do a custom install from Setup, and it gave me three setup options.  No
matter which one I pick, I get a message that because I already have Ghost
and WinFax installed, they would have to be uninstalled first.  If I
uninstall them, will SystemWorks let me install just the defrag, or do I
HAVE to install a package to get what I want in addition to other things I
don't want?

Thanks!

Cajun