-=PCTechTalk=- Malwarebytes False Positive alert

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk Group <FreeLists>" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:50:20 -0400

Malwarebytes just flagged a registry entry that is most likely a false
positive.  One person allowed MB to remove the entry and could no longer
connect to the internet afterwards.

The flag shows as "False.Driver" and it references the WS2IFSL.sys file.  I
ran a search for the file and only found the two that were added to the
WinXP install CD back in 2001.  I'm still awaiting word back from MB on
this, but I'm 99.9 % positive its something you folks will NOT want to
remove from your systems.

If your copy of MB also flags this item, uncheck it before telling the
program to fix the selected items.  I'll post a followup on this once I hear
back from the company.

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org