-=PCTechTalk=- Java and JavaSoft?

  • From: "Michael Scott" <conrod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:24:05 +1030

Hello Group,
I feel a right ninny at the moment. I have been trying to do an online scan on
Hal for weeks using TrendMicro. I finally got onto the site and was informed I
had bits missing which would enable?? a scan and I should download Java j2re
1.4.2.

After a herculean effort (not without problems) I downloaded 33.1 MBS of this
file.

With a red face I ask...... what exactly is it for and what does it do??

I have also tried the Panda site but gave up because I keep losing the
connection.
What I need is a site that doesn't muck around......... something a bit
quicker........ and one that will also get rid of any nasties.  I,m convinced
that something is on Hal that shouldn't be there.
I have just had a scratch around and found a JavaSoft folder from 11.1.00.
Version 1.1. which is 5.2mbs.  Now, does it follow that I can safely delete
this or is there a difference between the two. Sorry to sound so paranoid
......... I've had a rotten few weeks.     Lyn