-=PCTechTalk=- Internet connection problem--Dialup

  • From: mihir <mihirgk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:39:02 +0530

Dear All,

I have been facing one major problem on my Dell Laptop which is
completely foxing me out.

To give a brief background: My son who is 12 years old has been using
this laptop which is 1.66 HZ, P4 With Win Xp OS and to access the net he
has been using the continuously On broadband connection . Recently when
I wanted to access the net from a place which did not have a Broadband,
I tried going to Network and set up a new connection. I opened control
panel, click on network connections--click on create a new
connection--highlight Connect to the internet--highlight setup my
connection manually, everything till here is okay. After this step
ideally I should get 3choices, connect via dial up modem, connect via
broadband which requires password and connect via broadband which is
continuously on. But on my laptop, the first two choices are grayed out
and only choice by default is connect via broadband which is
continuously on.

I would basically like to connect via a dialup modem and try as I might
I cannot get this option. I have tried deleting the modem from device
manager and reinstalling the modem drivers without any success.

May be one of you would have faced similar problem and I am eagerly
awaiting for your help and guidance. Do let me know what should I
search/Modify to get these options back. Or do I have to re-install
window Xp once again?

Regards,

Mihir Kulkarni
Mobile: 9822655798