-=PCTechTalk=- Getting rid of Norton's

  • From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTT" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:42:44 -0500

Hi Folks
Well the other day Norton's expired on my 98 SE portion of my dual booted
puter, other being Win2k. I had gotten McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0 from
school and went to load it on and it would not load. I found out from school it
is not compatible with 98. Bummer
Anyway, now when I boot up 98 I get two notifications in the boot up process
that it can not find files for Norton's.

Also now all of a sudden my MS media player will not work due to and internal
application error or so the message says. Tried hunting MS to see if it could
be reinstalled, but can't find anything.

Anybody help this brain dead old man?

Thanks
Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee, you
are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to
anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in error,
please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this information.
Thank you