-=PCTechTalk=- Forgot my administer password....HELP! If that's possible :o(

  • From: LilAnnie51@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:15:16 EDT

Is there anyway to retrive your own administer password to logon to Windows
 Vista? I can only go on the "No password" guest window. I can't remember
my  passwords, although I swear I have them right.

I had backed up Gateways Recovery disc's (4 in all) as well as  Norton's
backup 2 disc's and tried to restore both of them (one at a time, of  course),
but it didn't work. In fact, it didn't do anything at all. Do you think
I'm ready to be crowned a ceritfied PC Technian wizard or just a plain
certified  nut case? LOL

I did have a Trojan which was fixed by Norton 360, but on the Guest logon
desktop I'm limited to what I can do. Do I have to reinstall the OS again
and  lose all my data and programs? I even tried coping them to files on a CD,
 but WIN Vista is way different from Win 98. It was easier copying files
then.  Vista won't let me select my files to send to the CD drive one at a
time  until I have reached the limited capacity of the disc. Then I would  burn
them to it. Vista seems to want to copy/burn one file at a time and
generally once something has been burned to a CD regardless of size, it won't
let
me add anything else to that CD.

Trust me, my house isn't big enough to hold the number of CD's I would
need........LOL

I have no idea what to do right now other than reformat or reinstall OS, or
 just bring it back to Best Buy and let them figure it out. I have a 2 year
 warranty on it, and I haven't even had the puter for a year yet.

I think I prefer WIN 98 over WIN Vista (it's simplier for small  minds).
:-D

Any suggestions for this hopeless PC-ER?

LilAnnie

My PC Stat's:

Gateway GT 5692
AMD Phnom 8450 triple-core processor 2.10GHZ
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit/32-Bit with SP1
Hard Drive: 500GB
RAM: 4GB ddr2
Dual-layer DVD&CD read/write w/Labelflash

in the Subject.