-=PCTechTalk=- Emoticons

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 21:39:36 -0400

I rarely use emoticons.  And then only when I have good reason to
suspect they are necessary.  Emoticons are overused.  A recent
message here consisted of less than 4 lines of text and 4 emoticons
or words to replace them.  And NONE of them were necessary to
understand the message correctly. If people read what is written ON
the lines instead of what they think is written BETWEEN the lines,
emoticons would not be necessary.

Members in this group are a helpful, friendly bunch of folks.  I
don't believe anyone here would ever call anyone "stupid" or
otherwise write an insulting message.  We should all give everyone
here the benefit of the doubt and when/if  it is shown they don't
deserve that benefit ask the moderator for an opinion.

I will not be peppering my messages with LOL, <chuckle>, ROTFLMAO,
or :-)).  If you need them to understand what I am saying, put me in
your blocked senders list NOW!  Thank you.

Don