-=PCTechTalk=- Dominating Connection Box

  • From: "Jan Robey" <hrstreak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:04:38 -0500

I am still using Windows 98 & a dial up modem.  Generally my computer works
fairly well...if I allow my dialup connection box to stay connected.  I
don't know how to explain this without sounding silly, but my connection box
wants to dominate my computer.
If I disconnect, my programs freeze, & the computer refuses to shut down or
reboot until I do it manually.  If I try to open a Word document without
allowing connection it freezes & will not open...until I connect.  If I
attempt to do any work offline the connection box keeps coming up or it
stays opened in the center of the screen & refuses to close.  As long as I
stay connected my computer does whatever I ask of it...including shutting
down.

Any suggestions?
Jan