-=PCTechTalk=- Cable Modem Recommendations

  • From: "cajun12" <cajun12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:15:43 -0500

I'm looking for some cable modem recommendations to replace my old =
Motorola Surfboard 4100, which has been going for 6-8 years now.  It's =
been going down for a few minutes every day for the past 5 days or so, =
and did it only intermittently before this.  The new SB5120 has a 2 year =
warranty.  I'm also looking at the D-Link DCM-202.  I believe the =
Linksys BEFCMU10v4 has a 3 year limited warranty, and it's stackable, =
but I like my modem to stand up and I don't think this one does.  What I =
like about the Motorola Surfboards is the Standby button.  I have =
Quicken installed on an external drive that is not on all the time.  =
When I'm running Quicken, I hit the Standby button on my modem to =
disconnect from the Internet without powering down my modem.  I'm not =
seeing a Standby button on any other modem.

dj