-=PCTechTalk=- Building New PC - Recommendations?

  • From: Glen <glbbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:19:17 -0700 (PDT)

I need to build a new PC, problem is I haven't built a new one in over five
years, so I am out of date with the current technology.

Right now I am looking at AMD, just to save money and probably middle
performance machine, do not need a top of the line.

So what I need to Motherboard recommendations; thinking ASUS.
Processor AMD X2 5000
Video?? PCI express is new to me, thinking of going with ATI, since it should
perform well with AMD/ATI chip sets.

Power supply??

Hard drive - manufacturers to stay away from?

Case - front USB, at least 2 5.25" bays, 3 to 4 3.5" bays.

Monitor - 19" to 22" ??

Windows Vista, which flavor?
Home user with a small network, usually two computers sharing internet. Share
printer via main computer.

Thoughts, questions and opinions requested...

Thank you,
Glen