-=PCTechTalk=- AOL/Verizon DSL help needed

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

 Cindy,
I use AOL and Verizon DSL.  What type of problems are you having?  I have no
difficulty without using any special router or other equipment.  I have AOL 9
Security Edition installed on a Gateway 500 mhz, with Win XP Pro sp2.  I use
the DSL modem Verizon gave me and a Belkin 5 port switch.  I also have no
problems when the Gateway is directly connected to the DSL modem.  What
firewall do you have installed.  There are several programs from AOL that show
up in my Zonealarm Pro that need to be checked to allow use on the Internet.
Try checking your firewall.
Dave

------------------------------From: "BashfulBob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>Subject:
-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AOL/Verizon DSL help neededDate: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:33:30
-0500well about all I know is it seems that you need special routers to
function with verizon.sorry not much help thereLife is what happens in between
plans.Virus free email by Norton'sThis message and attachment(s), if any, is
intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
prohibited from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee,
or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee, you are hereby
notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this
message or any part thereof. If you have received this in error, please
immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this information and all
attachments from your computer and network. Thank you.----- Original Message
-----
  From:
 <CINDRA4@xxxxxxx>To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005
11:11 AMSubject: -=PCTechTalk=- AOL/Verizon DSL help needed> Hi everyone> Does
nayone have or know anything about AOL/Verizon DSL? I am having some > odd>
problems with the AOL part and no one seems to have a clue. Feel free to>
contact me direct> Thank you> Cindy