[pchelpers] Re: windows 7 clean install

  • From: Gerald Gollinger <gerald4nyc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 13:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 5/21/10, John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pchelpers] Re: windows 7 clean install
To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 21, 2010, 11:04 PM

On 22/05/2010 10:49 a.m., Gerald Gollinger wrote:
> Does Windows7 provide the technology to first format the hard drive before
> installing the operating system?  I presently have Vista Home Premium so I
> presume that I need 7 home premium.  Since this is not OEM I would need
> permission from Microsoft to reinstall.  For example,  I had a nasty Trojan
> on my notebook but since I was using OEM Vista Home Premium there was no
> repercussion from Microsoft.
>
> Gerald
It most likely does (others can confirm that). If you don't find it
early on, the installer may well ask you about this during install.
Anyone else done this first hand care to comment?
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>

The CNET Community discussed this topic this past Friday.  Since this is
possible copyright documentation I cannot copy and paste here.

Gerald