[pchelpers] Re: win xp toggle?

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "G.R. Hanson" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:41:20 -0500

Hi Re-Na,

Friday, July 25, 2003, 9:24:20 PM, you wrote:

GRH> I'm so use to having the little shortcut icon on my quick launch
GRH> bar to toggle back and forth from the desktop. How to I do that
GRH> in xp?

Hmm, I have it here...  It's a shortcut to C:\Documents and
Settings\(my name)\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
Launch\Show Desktop.scf, which is a text file that contains the
following 5 lines:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Do you have the QuickLaunch toolbar turned on?  Right-click on an
empty spot on the taskbar and click Toolbars and make sure
QuickLaunch is selected.

Or, right-click on the Start button, select Properties, select the
Taskbar tab, and make sure Show QuickLaunch is turned on.

--Scott.