[pchelpers] Re: spyware

  • From: GTCox <georgetcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:18:54 -0500

The fact that I'm paranoid doesn't mean no one is out to get me. My
traffic logs have shown intrusion attempts from computers at IP
addresses owned by various government agencies including the F.B.I.,
and  the CIA. There have literally been hundreds of attempts originating
from college campuses around the U.S.A. Now, while I know there are
entities who will get through my feeble attempts at keeping my PC secure
if they want to, there is no amount of being talked down to or accused
of not living in the real world by folks on this list or anywhere else
that will stop me from being as secure as I know how, or from constantly
looking for better ways to improve that security. I hope you never let
their calling you paranoid stop you either, Bob. Thanks for the link.
It's appreciated.