[pchelpers] Re: printer 'path'

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:35:02 +1200

G.R. Hanson wrote:
> My desktop pc has a printer attached to it.
>
> My laptop and other computers use the same printer remotely <wirelessly>.
>
> Now I have a new laptop.  I need to know the path of the printer.  The
> exact way it is written with all the slashes going the right way and so
> forth.
> I tried looking on the old laptop to find that path because I know it
> has it somewhere, but couldn't find it.  So I'm asking for help on this one.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Re-Na
If it is linked wirelessly, can't you go to Network neigbourhood. Once
there make sure you can see other machines on the network.
After that, share the printer for use by others on the network.
Then your new machine should be able to add the printer over the
wireless connection. After that, try printing a test page.
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 497166248   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786