[pchelpers] Re: hidden files

  • From: Daniel Osborn <danfosborn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:37:09 -0700

Yes but there are lots of issues and there can be lots of problems from
deleting hidden files.

Usually the way that hidden files exist is if a program needs them and created
them with the hidden attribute for the vary purpose of keeping us humans from
deleting them! Another one of the issues is the location of the files. Are
they all in the same directory? How did you discover them? What is the reason
you want to delete them? Is this a Windows system? Which version? You can
sometimes delete files in a DOS session which you are unable to delete while
in Windows but this too brings on even more issues.

"G.R. Hanson" wrote:

> I have 404 hidden files.  Is there some way I can get rid of some of them?
>
> G.R. Hanson
> Arkansas USA
>
> ---

Daniel Osborn