[pchelpers] Re: found it

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: PcCowboy <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:14:52 -0500

Hi PcCowboy,

http://df809jow4wj2304lfd0sf9fsd0a2t4ldf809jow4wj2304lfd0sf9fsd0a2t4ld.biz/m.htm
P> That doesn't tell me a thing. But the date was 6/30/03 at 1:57pm
P> The name is m.htm. Why does AVG have it listed as m[1].htm?

I think it's stored as m[1].htm when there's already a m.htm.

Do you know what you were doing at 1:57pm on the 30th? If you still
have emails from then, can you check the received date to see which
one(s) you received at that time, and/or may have looked at at that
time?

P> Admini~1~000
P> Administrator
P> Administrator.DADDY
P> Administrator.DADDY.000
P> All Users
P> DALLAS
P> Default User
P> DLT
P> Localservice
P> Network service

P> Everyone of these users has a "content.IE5" folder except
P> user DALLAS ( that's me) None of the IE5 folders has a folder
P> named C1QRG517, but they all have  4 folders of the same kind of
P> name.

Perhaps you simply aren't allowed to see your own folder, so if you
log on as DLT, you might be able to see a CONTENT.IE5 under DALLAS.

For more examples of names to wonder about, I've got these on my system:

05/11/2002 Default User
10/05/2002 LocalService
10/05/2002 NetworkService
10/05/2002 Restricted 3
10/09/2002 SCOTT~1~WIN
12/06/2002 Scott
01/08/2003 Administrator
02/04/2003 admin
02/10/2003 Scott.WINXP-PRO-2
06/08/2003 All Users.WINDOWS
06/08/2003 NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY
06/08/2003 LocalService.NT AUTHORITY
06/08/2003 Default User.WINDOWS
06/08/2003 Scott 2
06/14/2003 Administrator.SCOTT

I think ADMIN is a user that I created.

P> Also why is there so many Administrators folders?

I think that every time you reinstall Windows, it creates a new
Administrator folder. Have you reinstalled Windows? I've yet to figure
out what rhyme or reason it uses for the folder names.

P> When I first start the computer I only have the option to logon
P> as DALLAS or DLT.

When you're at the login screen with the icons, hit Ctrl-Alt-Del once
or twice, and you'll get the old Win2K-style login window, where you
can log on as any name that you have on the system.  Assuming that XP
Home doesn't block that.

--Scott.