[pchelpers] Re: Windows 3.X Migration

  • From: Eric Furman <dabaric2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PC Helpers <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 22:24:10 +1200

**To continue the saga of Windows 3.X Migration - I couldn't find
any other reference to FileCure or ParetoLogic except in the Scheduled
Tasks.
I did a search of my complete HDD and found another reference in
Documents and Settings/All users/Application data/Filecure.

I have now deleted this file and am crossing my fingers that it is now
truly gone!!

On 20/05/2010 8:55 p.m., Eric Furman wrote:

Yes. Of course you're right John.
Horrors!! It's back.
Must be something - anybody know what?
PS. I see from the Scheduled Tasks that at some time past
I downloaded File Cure from ParetoLogic. It is now in my Startup
Schedule.
Did I read recently in the forum to avoid ParetoLogic?
I'm going to disable the schedule and uninstall FileCure.
Will keep you posted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On 20/05/2010 7:37 a.m., John Durham wrote:  On 19/05/2010 11:12 p.m., Eric
Furman wrote:
I am using Win XP Prof and am not networked and using ADSL for Internet
access.
By the way, I reverted to a previous good windows - and the problem is
now no longer a problem.
Would love to have known what is was though.

On 18/05/2010 3:35 a.m., Jackie McBride wrote:
Could u give more details of your OS? Does your machine run on the net or no?
   At the risk of splitting hairs, you are networked to the internet. Of
course we understand what you meant.