[pchelpers] Re: "What is the difference between SDRAM, DRAM and DDR?"

  • From: "Robert McLellan" <bobmclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:13:42 -0500

You forgot RDRAM
Systems implementing the RDRAM memory interface benefit from the highest
bandwidth per pin, reducing overall component count, controller pin-count
and system board cost.  With densities up to 256Mbit, RDRAM components are
available in volume from leading memory suppliers in a range of speeds from
800MHz to 1200MHz. For systems requiring upgrade flexibility, RDRAM devices
may be configured into single-, dual- or quad-channel RIMM modules to
support bandwidths from 1.6 GB/sec to 10.7 GB/sec and system memory
capacities up to 8GB.

Bob McLellan