[pchelpers] What is a ripper?

  • From: "Louis M Hall" <lhall1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:20:14 -0600

BlankI have been under the impression that a "ripper" is software that =
enables one to use a PC to copy a DVD, and the same goes
for the software "DVD X Copy". I have copied a couple of my own DVDs =
with "DVD X Copy" in the very simple steps that this
software takes one through.  I received an email today from 321 studios, =
the parent of "DVD X Copy",  that states there is now
an injunction that requires they remove the ripper from "DVD X Copy". =
After a specific date in the near future the quote below
will take effect.

'. . . . .preventing us from including a ripper in our DVD X Copy backup =
series of products, we will comply with the court order. . .=20
. .'

Then, what will this software be for, copying DVD's that I have made =
from data on my hard disk, or what?  When I click on the
.exe program of "DVD X Copy",  I am immediately instructed to place a =
DVD into my DVD burner, a copy is made to the hard disk, then I am =
instructed to place a blank DVD into the burner which in turns burns a =
copy of the original DVD. Is this the only
function of "DVD X Copy"?

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: Blank Bkgrd.gif