[pchelpers] Re: Restoring the "HELP" function in Windows ME

  • From: "John Ford" <john.ford1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 22:32:55 -0500

Hello everyone,

If I remember correctly if you use the CD to restore system settings this is
all it will do. I have installed Windows more than once on top of itself and
each and every time not one of my applications were ever affected.

I have also heard and experienced for myself that the OS Windows ME is
absolutely terrible when it comes to losing its own features. I would
suggest that you use the restore CD and all should be well until it loses it
self again. I would say that you should change the OS to either 98 or XP and
forget ME.

John F