[pchelpers] Re: Repair function in Win-XP Prof with SP3

  • From: pccowboy <saddle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:38:23 -0500

On 08/10/11 11:23 PM, Eric Furman wrote:
> I've tried to use the Repair function of my Win-XP Prof CD to do a repair
> of.the operating system.
> However, a message pops up that the version I am using is older than
> the version installed, which is SP3.

As far as I know you will have to find a Win-XP Prof CD that has SP3 on it.
Happening is that your XP cd only has SP1 or 2 or worse it may not even
have a SP on it.

Since you updated your system to SP3 your cd no longer matches the OS
version.

If you have another computer available you can slip-stream SP3 and
create a XP-SP3 cd.
Lots of websites with instruction on how to do this.

Dallas