[pchelpers] News:Twitter hit by major disruption

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Durham <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:09:57 +1200

Twitter has fixed a major bug that saw many users of the service appear
to lose all of their followers and friends.

The problem began when a flaw was uncovered that allowed people to force
others to "follow" them on the site.

People who typed "accept" followed by a person's Twitter name forced the
user to be added to their list of followers.

The hack was quickly passed around the social network with many people
using it to force celebrities to follow them.

It could have easily allowed spammers to insert messages into thousands
of accounts.

More here:
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 571215671   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786
Blog http://pc-tech-upper-hutt.blogspot.com/
Get a copy of my novel entitled "Return" at
http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1382737